Friday, March 25, 2016

TOP THIS BUN


Do you like to play with your food? If you're following me on Instagram, you'll know that I love to. I'm guilty of eating with my eyes, so I always like my food to be pretty! When Woolworths asked me to dress up the humble hot cross bun with some unique toppings, I got all giddy and excited.

As a kid, I never liked the hot cross bun (Don't hurt me). I just didn't like the raisins in the bread - I was a picky child. So when places started offering plain or chocolate buns, I always begged my mum for those options, mainly because I wanted to fit in and eat a hot cross bun on Sunday morning! Now the raisins buns have grown on me, and I love seeing them pop up in stores well before the Easter Bunny arrives.

For me, the hot cross bun is perfect toasted and topped with butter. Alas, this year we're getting jiggy with our buns and making them fancy! These have been created by the massive sweet tooth within me. I mean, it's Easter for Christ's sake. I promise you that these are super quick and easy to prepare. All you need is:

  • Chocolate spread (vanilla or chocolate - I went with both!)
  • Honey
  • Strawberries
  • Figs
  • Blueberries
  • Raspberries
  • Banana
  • Passionfruit
  • Orange
  • Popcorn
Honestly, that's it. Cut them up, mix em and match em! You can see my combos in the pics below, my personal favourites are ... figs & honey, banana & chocolate, and strawberry & chocolate! What do you put on yours?



Wishing you all a wonderful Easter! I give you my blessing to stuff your faces with these!

See #TopThisBun on Instagram for more creations, and don't be afraid to share your own!

Love,


8 comments:

  1. this is really nice and effective blog, i found lots of information in this blog and sites for commenting is best. online taxi booking in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good Tara!! xx

    Liz.
    www.raw-shrimp.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and delicious all at once! You really know how to make food aesthetically pleasing!

    Mimi
    www.coffeeandsunday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute to eat! Will definitely try to recreate this.

    J
    www.jwalkinglife.com

    ReplyDelete