Sunday, August 16, 2015

Fruity and Twenty One


Over the weekend I celebrated my 21st Birthday in the company of my nearest and dearest. Being a fan of tea, food and chit chat, I decided to celebrate with a High Tea. Abode Bistro at the Park Royal Hotel in Darling Harbour was the perfect place to host this event. Thanks to my parents, friends, and the amazing staff, the day came together perfectly and will be a day I'll never forget.

So, the theme was 'FRUIT'. My sister gave me the idea about a year ago and I was so excited to pull a few bits and pieces together for the day. The venue already has a stunning interior, so we only added a few minor touches to make the venue suit the theme.

First of all, my birthday cake was made by the amazing Nikki (and awesome team) from Unbirthday. I've had so many gorgeous cakes from Nikki before, so I knew she would be the best choice for the day. We decided to get cupcakes to give to guests as a take home gift, as the three tiered high tea and Eton Mess dessert were already very filling. I spray painted gold fruit to decorate the cake table, tea bar, bar, and book signing area, and paired these with vintage gold frames for signage. I also spray painted gold vintage jars and tumblers, then filled them with spare flowers from the flower markets. We had a tea bar, this meant that guests could go up and choose from a range of teas, coffee and juices to pair with their high tea, which was separated from the alcoholic bar. My sister also bought giant plastic pineapples for cheap in Singapore six months ago during Chinese New Year. We hung three above the tea bar, along with an even bigger pineapple at the entrance.

We bought Megaloons to spell out my name, and placed these at the entrance. These were bought from Mad Balloons, and were set up/delivered prior to the event. We also used Mad Balloons two years ago for my sister's 21st, and I can highly recommend using them! A lot of photos were taken in front of the balloons. And you can take them home to play with too! Haha! 

I made my own flower crown using real flowers and fake fruit the night before. It takes me a few hours, but I love making real flower crowns! I used the spare fruit I had to make name cards for the table seating arrangment. I also wore a Copacabana sloth around my neck (I love sloths!). My dress is from Keepsake, and shoes are from ASOS. I also wore earrings and a bracelet which I received as a birthday gift from Samantha Wills.

The event ran smoothly and went exactly as planned, but was even better than expected. I can't thank Kate and the staff at Abode Bistro enough for the amazing hospitality. See below for photos from the day! :)
























Hope you enjoyed this more personal post!

Photos by Demas Rusli, Natalie Sum, Justin Ong and myself.

Love,

13 comments:

  1. uhh that gold pineapple <3 <3 Happy belated birthday Tara!

    VONNYDU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! My real birthday is actually not until Wednesday. <3

      Delete
  2. What an amazing 21st! Loving your fruit crown and the pineapple haha. Happy early birthday!

    Jacqui | Halcyon Jar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The gold fruit was one of my favourite details - hehe!

      Delete
  3. Tara you look so happy! I had no idea you were only 21 this year! Wishing you the best year ahead! :)))

    Velveteencockroach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yup 21! Legit adult around the world - yay!

      Delete
  4. The party looks absolutely INCREDIBLE! Happy birthday ^_^ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a very fun partyyy! Love the fruity theme <3 Happy advanced birthday xx

    www.ivankawu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought fruit would be fun! Glad everyone agrees. :) <3

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday!!!! Your theme is the most adorable and fantastical birthday theme ever!! Love it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Happy birthday Tara! The pictures look incredible x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Happy birthday Tara! The pictures look incredible x

    ReplyDelete