Thursday, April 9, 2015

Wedding Cake Rock


Located in the Royal National Park, Wedding Cake Rock is one of those little gem locations I've been meaning to get to for some time now. Jysla, Jade and I decided we were going to make a day of it a while back, and so we finally went during our uni break! 

Getting there: So it is about an hour drive away from my house to reach the Park (I live in the Hills Shire). Once you get there you have to drive to Bundeena, which is a forty minute drive through the Park. We did stop at Bundeena Wharf once we reached Bundeena to enjoy the sunshine and take a few snaps. After that we drove to the start of the trail to begin the walk. The walk takes about an hour (at a leisurely pace) to reach the rock. We were so lucky as it had been raining all morning, but the rain decided to stop once we arrived at Bundeena! This did leave some fairly large puddles along the walk, but it was still pretty easy to weave our way through. The rain also made the air so much cooler, so the walk was really enjoyable. The rock is actually a lot smaller than it looks in pictures. If you do go, you'll get what I mean. Nonetheless, I'm happy to say that I've finally visited it! If I were to go again I'd probably bring a some snacks along and hang out there for a few hours. The view is pretty spectacular.

Here's the (mostly) candid picture story, which Jysla snapped along the way.


















Photos by Jysla Kay

Expect more updates in the next few weeks!

Love,


12 comments:

  1. Hi :) I'm Iwona and I am a blogger and illustrator :) I just found your blog, which is interesting and cute:) I really like it :) I would like to show you my blog and my illustrations and If you get a second, I' d love to hear your thoughts on topic my illustrations and blog:) I greet:) http://fabricandcolor.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your illustrations are sooo beautiful! I love the style of them! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'll be following your work! X

      Delete
  2. LOVED this post Tara! Beautiful photos as usual, but I especially love the last one *insert heart eyed emoji x10*. Love always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chessie! Jysla is so good at capturing the candid moments! X

      Delete
  3. Wow what an amazing location! Great pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Jysla did an amazing job - she captured so many truly candid moments! :)

      Delete
  4. The food and service at this place were spectacular. I was at an amazing event here recently. The event was outdoors along the water and against a beautiful sunset. As the party moved indoors at San Diego Wedding venues, I was struck by the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete