Friday, March 6, 2015

Tassie Top 4: Part Two


Welcome to the final part of my Tassie Top 4 blog series. Looking back at these photos makes me so nostalgic. I'm truly missing Tasmania right now and can't wait to be back! Here's everything we did on the latter half of our trip - minus sleeping. Seriously! We were up at 4am everyday, as we were chasing sunrise, and had our days filled with exciting activities until we reached sunset (and we chased her as well). Check out part one first if you haven't already!

We stayed at Swansea Beach Chalets one night, and this was our doorstep.

Bicheno
Once we were packed up and ready to leave Swansea, we headed to The Gulch at Bicheno to have a chill lunch, and my day was made when I saw penguins malting in the drains! So cute (no photos or we would have scared them)! After this we spent a decent amount of time driving from Bicheno to Freycinet, here we headed to the lookout, which is definitely worth a visit! The view is exquisite, and if you enjoy having a moment to just stare out into the ocean (like me), this is the perfect place. 


Freycinet Lookout

Freycinet Lookout

Freycinet Marine Farm
Before we reached Freycinet we stopped by Freycinet Marine Farm for lunch. YOU HAVE TO GO HERE if you come to Tassie. This was one of my favourite meals of the entire trip, and every meal we had was already ridiculously good. Tasmania has damn good produce. This is probably the best seafood I've ever had in my life. It was so fresh and tasted insanely good. Seriously, just go. 

Freycinet Marine Farm

Freycinet Freycinet made it to our #tassietop4, and this place was a true highlight. The place has a real homey vibe, and is great for families. Here, we kayaked and had cookies on the shore, devoured some of the best pizza ever, took a cruise to Wineglass Bay, enjoyed sunrise at the Wineglass Bay lookout, and spent our nights in Freycinet Lodge, which in some parts over looked the gorgeous bay. The lodge itself was a highlight as the design of each lodge is modern, yet blends in with beautiful nature of Freycinet.

Kayaking at Coles Bay with Freycinet Adventures
Kayaking at Coles Bay with Freycinet Adventures
Kayaking at Coles Bay with Freycinet Adventures
Kayaking at Coles Bay with Freycinet Adventures

Dinner at Tombolo Freycinet (Highly recommended!)

Spotted: Pademelon after our sunrise walk back from the Wineglass Bay Lookout

On our cruise to Wineglass bay with Wineglass Bay Cruises

Sailing out on the Tasman Sea with Wineglass Bay Cruises

Sailing out on the Tasman Sea with Wineglass Bay Cruises
Words of advice: Pack repellent if you are prone to getting attacked by mosquitos (like me!) a few sprays of repellent will be the best decision you ever made in Freycinet. If you are prone to getting seasick (like me!), take tablets or wear balance bands during the journey. Sometimes they don't help, but it's still a great part of the adventure! (Right ... right?!) Haha!

The restaurant at our hotel, Tidal Waters in St Helens
Dinner at the restaurant of our hotel, Tidal Waters in St Helens. (Grilled Salmon)
Dinner at the restaurant of our hotel, Tidal Waters in St Helens. (Duck Confit)

Bay of Fires
Another of our #TassieTop4 is The Bay of Fires, which is near St Helens, and my my it's a beauty. Orange lichen paints most of the granite rocks along the shoreline. It's so unique, and I've never seen anything like it before! The Bay of Fires is a region as opposed to a particular spot. It's hard to miss! We visited these pretty rocks at both sunrise and the afternoon. I clambered across the rocks in so many sections while Emilie snapped away. Hehe! 

Sunrise at the Bay of Fires
Sunrise at the Bay of Fires

Sunrise at the Bay of Fires

Swan spotting on the way back from sunrise.

Apricots being sold on the roadside!

Apricots being sold on the roadside.

The Bay of Fires

The Bay of Fires

Quaint antiques/book stores on the way to St Columba Falls

Quaint antiques/book stores on the way to St Columba Falls

We visited Pyengana Dairy Farm on two separate days. During our first visit we had a super delicious lunch at their cafe, Holy Cow Cafe. (Highly recommended!)

St Columba Falls.

St. Columba Falls (Marks on my legs are from stingoes which I used on those mosquitoes I mentioned earlier) 
Cows!
Blueshed Restaurant
We had our last dinner at Blueshed restaurant. The food here, again, is so fresh and tastes so damn good. We were here for a long time, we sat by the giant glass window wall and watched the rain pour down over the harbour. It's such a lovely place to just sit, relax and talk. We talked and laughed for hours about the best and funniest moments that happened during our week. When I think back to this trip, this is one of the places and moments that comes to mind. I really hope to return here one day soon. I had the grilled salmon served with peas as my main, and all the flavours and textures were so well done! The squid and salmon dishes are also a must for entrees, and the apricot dessert is simply divine!

Blueshed Restaurant Entrees (highly recommended!)
Blueshed Restaurant Main (highly recommended!)
Blueshed Restaurant Dessert (highly recommended!)
Pyengana Dairy Company
Our last stop of the trip was Pyengana Dairy Farm before we headed for Launcestion airport. I'm so glad we visited this place. I'm a huge cheese lover! We had a cheese tasting and were able to see where the cows are milked. The farm's family history spans across four generations of dairying, and the cows are treated amazingly well here, it was awesome to see how happy they are. I also learned that cows love a good back scratch! 

About to cut the cheese!

Cheese!
Tasting Time. :)
Tasmania is truly one of the most amazing places to visit. The people here are the nicest people I've ever met in my life, the food is ridiculously good, the landscape is simply stunning, and I haven't even seen half of it yet! I can't wait to explore the West Coast next time! I hope you've enjoyed my photo diary of the East Coast. Here's a bonus for you. Amazing photographer and videographer, Craig Parry came along with us during the first half of our trip. Check out the video below to see what he filmed on Tassie's East Coast. To see the full North West & East Coast video check out Flight Centre on Facebook! 

Video by Craig Parry Photography (Watch in HD!)


Stay tuned for more photo diaries from my travels to follow: Asia next up!


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love Tasmania, been there a few times.
    Amber
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to return! :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing photos! This is making me want to travel :)

    xoxo
    Liv Studios

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tasmania is a must! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the photos!! Can I ask what lens you use for your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I use a standard lens? I don't even know to be honest. I'm no camera expert, haha! But I do use a Canon 600D. :)

      Delete