Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lessons from Stereosonic

I had the pleasure of attending Stereosonic thanks to the sick dudes over at ViaGogo. It was two days filled with sweat, seizures and momentary deafness. Delightful!

Stereosonic taught me that: Junk food is compulsory, reception is vital, and streamers and confetti make me stupidly excited.

Just so you know, I'm not a hardcore EDM fan. At all. My best friend, Suzanne, and I like to belt out Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift songs on road trips, but we joined ten or so of our hardcore EDM friends at Stereosonic and had the time of our lives. 

I was still particularly excited to see Alesso, who was incredible! I tried to record several videos, which only taught me that I will never be a professional cinematographer. I tried. Also, Skrillex is an absolute nut case, but his set was amazing, (he played The Circle of Life from the Lion King and I will love him forever for it) and I left day one almost broken, with my arms and legs feeling one hundred percent like jelly. Yes, like this.

Thank you to ViaGogo for making the whole experience possible! Just in case you don't already know, ViaGogo is a ticket exchange site, where people can buy and sell tickets to live events. What makes them awesome is they offer a 100% guarantee on all tickets bought, eliminating dodgy ticket sellers & scammers. Cool, right?

Here are some photos from Day 1!
Showtek Music
Showtek Music

Showtek Music ft. Pizza



Skrillex

Skrillex

Skrillex is a mad man (an awesome one)

The fiery pits of Skrillex

Alesso

Alesso

Thanks for reading!


4 comments: