Wednesday, July 9, 2014

TITLES ARE SCARY

Hello hello, friends! So, I've never done this before, and I'm not sure if it will last (we'll see), but, I'm so excited for what I'm about to do that I wanted to over share my adventures in a 'blog'. 

Thanks to Westfield's Flatlay The Nation competition, I'm jetting off to Europe tomorrow! 
*Insert monkey covering eyes emoji*
(Edit: I actually just landed in London - successful time travel, guys) 

I'll be there for just over two weeks with my crazy sister, Jade. Jade has a snazzy camera with a fancy pants lens, so we are guaranteed to take a gazillion photos, all of which I'm going to post here!

I thought I'd introduce my blog by sharing some of the things I'll be packing. Woohoo! 
Flat lays, always.

LEFT TO RIGHT (kinda): MACBOOK PRO 13'', RINGS, TOO MANY COSMETICS, GLASSESBRALETTE, SCARF, CAMERA, SUNNIES - vintage find & Karl Lagerfeld, PAJAMAS

Whenever I travel overseas, I only pack one fifth of my suitcase, leaving the rest empty, because I try to avoid the sitting on my suitcase routine when returning home (which could be avoided by buying less, but let's be serious, that's not happening). Plus, Westfield have given me a $2000 voucher, which means I'm going to go double cray. Save me. 

A little tip my mama taught me in the 'art of packing', is to roll all your clothes to save space and ironing later on. Go mama. 

I'm bringing my awesome, new Pjammies from Gingerlilly Sleepwear for PJ Day on July 18th, which you will definitely hear more about on insta. (And here!)

Also, to those judging me for my novel choice, my boyfriend has read The Fault In Our Stars, but I haven't, which I find really funny. So I'm giving myself the flight to catch up on all the tears and drama that everyone else has experienced. Thank you to Jade's shoulder in advance for being my tissue box.

Everything pictured is a combo of luggage & handbag tidbits. In true Instagram style, here's the pretty side to packing, from designer sunnies, to lacy undies. (Not pictured: crappy deodorant, ugly fanny packs + neck pillows) I've labelled most of it above if you want to know what's what. Yee! 

Thanks for reading my jabber, I'm so excited to share my journey with you! X


3 comments:

  1. Have fun in London, Tara! Can't wait to read more of your upcoming posts! X

    sartorialust.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tara! Only discovered you on insta a month or so ago, but its great to see the beginning of something new! Blogs are scary and awesome, so well done on the first official Blog post (and new website btw) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your instagram Tara, and I'm so glad you made a blog to document your adventures! You inspired me to add more colour into my life, to thrive with positivity, Thankyou so much, I hope you enjoy your lovely trip! *insert brofist emoji here* x

    ReplyDelete